Whenever you are required to attend a formal occasion like a corporate get-together, business meet, elite social gathering or a close family wedding, it is important you are attired in the perfect tuxedo. There are many different types of tuxedos and it will be easier for you to select the right tuxedo if you know beforehand the nature and formality of that occasion.
Tuxedo suit may be defined as a semi-formal or a formal suit and is normally of black color and worn with a black bow tie. The breast shirt of a tuxedo suit is usually white. Make a note that the pants and coats will have to be well coordinated. The length of the pants should be exact and the coat sleeves should be of perfect length. If the jacket has a tail coat, then the pant should have two stripes. If you opt to wear any other type of jacket, it will be fine for the pant to have a single stripe.
Most men are fond of black tuxedos as they are widely acceptable, easily available, and comfortable to wear and provide a classic look. The black tuxedo would lend the wearer with a sophisticated look and he will be conspicuous in any social gathering.
Tuxedo suits are ideal wedding suits. Tuxedo suits are made of either wool or polyester and there are different varieties of Tuxedo suits. Single breasted tuxedos are deemed less formal, while double breasted tuxedos are meant for strictly formal occasions. Tuxedos planned for day wear can be in dark gray and they will look good with some stripes. Black tuxedos are to be avoided for day time functions, as they are better suited for official evening events.
If you are attending the event with your spouse, then check what your partner is wearing because the color of your tuxedo should go well with your partner’s dress. Choosing the perfect tuxedo suit is indeed a challenging task and the style should be appropriate to your body type. Never be influenced or attempt to ape the suit styles of celebrities which may not go well with your body type.
If you attend social parties or business meets rarely, then it is preferable to rent a tuzedo suit. Rental tuxedos of different styles are available with department store and you can always wear a tuxedo in keeping with the latest trends. If you are unsure which style will suit you, then you can consult the shop owner who will certainly guide you.
Here are a few useful tips how to buy or rent a formal tuxedo suit:
- If you are slim and tall, then you will have no problems as any type of tuxedo will suit you well.
- If you are too lean, then double breast coat with big pads on shoulders should be the right choice.
- If you are of short build and thin, then a single breast button down jacket should be perfect but jacket with more than three buttons can make you look grotesque.
- If you have broad shoulders, then the double breast style jacket should be scrupulously avoided, as it will further heighten the broadness of your shoulders.
- Short stature and obese men should insist on wearing single breast jacket. To make your large waistline less prominent, opt for padded shoulder jacket
Wearing the right accessories with tuxedos can add further sophistication to your overall appearance. Some of the important accessories that you must select with care are shoes, bow ties, cummerbunds, and cufflinks and waist coats.